The boys picked out orange mums. Fresh fall flowers for the win. Everyone is quick to talk about the beauty of fall's colorful leaves. Seems to me the sunrises and sets are overlooked. Though I don't love the shorter daylight, I do enjoy the magnificent skies this time of year. Stop by the blog for a chance to win a $60 shop credit to @michaelellisstudios Lots of wonderful art options.

Pinterest Challenge: Bird Cage

YHL and Bower Power offered up another season of Pinterest Challenge.

And we knew just what we wanted to share.  The bird-cage pendant I made over a month ago but didn’t hang until yesterday.

I already had all the necessary supplies on hand, too.  For this project, we used a white ceiling canopy, a cord kit from Ikea (thanks Lizzy for sending it to me!), wire cutters, a pretty light bulb (a large clear vanity bulb was the best I could find locally), and the bird shade.  Why didn’t this happen sooner?

It was as simple as cutting and connecting wires.  Because we’ve been so busy working on the kitchen, we didn’t install this until last night.

Hence the dark photos.  We’ll add more soon.  I like the quirkiness the fixture adds to the space, too.

The low watt round bulb is more than enough overall light, but it is still delicate.  For some darn reason though I can’t get the stinkin’ thing to hang straight.  Ugh.  I’ll have to fiddle around with it more.

And, the view from the under side isn’t as ugly as I thought it would be.  Still on the look out for a brighter bird or two.

Edit:  The light looks better in daylight.

But it still hangs wonky.  I hadn’t realized this before, but the colors of the birds picks up nicely on items on the bookshelves.

And the wires from the birds aren’t totally obvious.

Thanks to Pinterest I have a fun new office light.  Did you join the Pinterest party?  What did you make?  What’s on your list to do?

1. So cute! I like yours better than the Pinterest one.

2. Soooo cool! I love it!

3. Raeanna

/  November 2, 2011

LOVE it!!!! If only I could manage to get off my rear & make something from my millions of pinned projects!!! lol:)

4. LOVE IT!!! Stopping by from House of Ernest!

Kristen

5. So cute! great job! : ) I have to start/finish my project tonight AND post it….sigh…little bit of a slacker lately. :)

6. Love this! I did a halloween front door wreath to look like a spider web – I love these pinterest challenges :)

7. I have seen that idea on pinterest too. You did a great job!

I have posted about a yummy salad recipe that I had pinned so if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! I would be honoured if you could also link up your post to my weekly Pinterest Linky Party as this post is just fabulous! I have also created a Pinning Bloggers Master List at my blog that you might be interested in joining.

Best wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

8. I’ve had this pinned for quite a while now. I so happy to see that you’ve actually recated it. Great Job!

9. I saw your link on YHL – that light is ADORABLE! I love it, what a clever idea :-)

10. Love it!! So cute!

11. Excellent idea. Very clever!

12. LOVE your bookcases. & this is such a cute idea. saw your link on yhl.

1. Wedding Ideas & Tips » Bird Cage Pendant Lamp Idea from Liberty of London