So you’re interested in advertising with Our Humble Abode? Here’s some info to get you started:
We shared our first post in May 2010 to document the progress on our house. Since then, we’ve added nearly 700 posts, sharing a new post five days a week. Content includes complete room remodels, money saving home improvements, simple crafts, sewing tutorials, organization tips, and quick and chic upgrades. We’re honored to have been featured in Better Homes and Gardens Kitchen and Bath Makeovers magazine and on blogs such as Apartment Therapy, Young House Love, and IHeart Organizing to name a few.
Though we’re still small, our fan base grows each day. Currently, almost 1200 readers subscribe directly through the blog and many more through reader services. Our Humble Abode receives an average of 120,000 page views per month, up from 55,000 this time last year. The average reader is female between 22 and 34 years old, married with kids and/or pets, living in the United States.
- To advertise on Our Humble Abode: Your sidebar ad is visible on every page, exposing your shop to our readers. In addition to your ad, we’ll also thank you for supporting this blog in a post, like this one, each month. For one $20 PayPal payment per month or $50 quarterly, you can reserve your own 200 by 200 pixel ad slot.
For sidebar advertisements, we’ll need one 200 by 200 pixel ad button, a link to your shop, and your e-mail address. Advertised content must match our blog content. We reserve the right to deny advertising that we feel isn’t a good fit.
- To set up a giveaway: If you’re looking to spread the word about your shop, giveaways are effective advertising. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information to secure your spot.
- The item(s) you’re willing to giveaway. This can be an item selected from your shop or a credit. We encourage a total giveaway amount of $50 or more.
- How many winners you’re willing to have. Obviously we’d have one, but if you’re feeling generous, we can have more.
- Where you’re willing to ship to. US? US and Canada? Global?
- If you have a Facebook page, blog or something similar, please send us links. We can ask our readers to follow you and add your shop to their Etsy favorites for additional entries. See this giveaway for an example.
- To offer a product review: If you have home or design related product you think we’d like, send an e-mail to email@example.com and we’ll discuss a review. Not all products are a perfect match, but we do offer reviews with our real, honest opinions.
- Offer in text linked advertising. Links are reserved for products we’ve used or would consider using.
- Need guest posters. For the rare occasions we’re away from the blog, we’ll ask some of our favorite bloggers to fill in for us.