This is a tad late, but I wanted to share my 2012 resolutions, which requires your help, too.
1. More family time and vacations. A fair (or unfair, depending on how you look at it) amount of our time is spent working on our house, cleaning, and doing other work related things. While we definitely love to update our house, sometimes we feel stuck at home because we’ve got a project to finish up. Which means we don’t do nearly as much fun stuff as we’d like. So, we’re going to try to balance our time better. Whether we take an extended vacation to another state, a small in state trip, or a day at home doing something fun. I’m a workaholic, so perhaps setting up a schedule and sticking to it will help keep me off the computer doing blog business. Basically, enjoying a little more of this:
2. Simplify. I usually clean, declutter, and organize our house (or certain rooms) three or four times a year. After returning home from Minnesota, I got in a mood to clean while taking down the Christmas tree. I sorted through the boys’ toys, putting baby toys in storage, getting rid of anything with broken or missing pieces, or things with more than three pieces. Vincent is terrible at picking up his toys and I finally had enough.
I can’t wait to get the kitchen organized when we’re finished. Then I’d like to turn my attention to the neglected basement bedrooms. We’ve been stashing large and random stuff in the closets, some of which doesn’t have another place. But we could get it organized.
3. Lose 20 to 30 pounds. Hopefully putting this out there will encourage me. Before having kids, I would have been happy losing 15 pounds. But, I still haven’t lost the weight I gained when I was pregnant with Everett. Apparently my body hits a plateau, gets comfortable, and stays there for several years. Which would be great if I were already at my goal weight. Hopefully next year (or sooner!) I’ll look 30 pounds lighter than this:
Perhaps more of number one will help with this.
4. Work on new art designs. When I feel I’m going crazy, I find a creative outlet to helps me cope. I’ve already added two more prints and three cut out designs to our Etsy shop. Hopefully I can think of something pretty to share with you in 2012.
5. Finish lingering projects. We ‘finished’ our basement nearly two years ago, but we’ve still got details to wrap up. Nothing major, which is why we’ve been able to put if off for so long. Just touch up paint, adding door knobs, closet doors, and functional furniture. Ben and I are the masters of 95% completion. If just takes an eternity to get that last 5% done. Maybe this is the year.
6. Update the blog to make it better. Over the last few days, I’ve been fiddling with the arrangement, trying to make navigation easier. That includes our projects page; I’ve added category headers for definition and I’m in the process of adding photos for each project so you know what you’re getting into before clicking. But, we can always make the blog better. And here’s where we need your advice. Would you mind taking a few minutes to answer our questions?
Take Our Survey!
If the survey button isn’t working, try this.
So, we’ve shared ours, want to share your resolution(s) with us?