We have done quite a bit to our humble rancher since Ben bought it back in 2004. Most you can see, like paint and trim, but others are a little more difficult to notice-if you can see them at all. So, here’s a little recap of things Ben did before we were married:
- Cut out and installed egress windows in basement bedrooms and the office.
- Drilled a well.
- Installed wood burning fireplace.
- Removed siding to add insulation all around the house.
- Replaced all upper level windows, enlarging the bedroom windows by one foot.
- Replaced the kitchen linoleum with tile.
- Knocked down the kitchen wall to create a half wall:
8. Closed ½ bath and created ¾ master bathroom.
Changes we’ve made since we’ve been married:
- Added trim to the 3rd bedroom and repainted.
- Added trim to the guest bedroom and repainted.
- Repainted living room and built an entertainment center.
- Gutted and refinished main bathroom.
- Added oak floors and trim to master bedroom. Repainted.
- Installed a new glass back door.
- Finished 1st basement bedroom.
- Installed a central vacuum system.
- Added trim to the dining room and repainted.
- Removed the chain link fence and built a new painted white fence.
- Planted 17 fruit trees, boxwood, roses, peonies, lilies, and other flowers.
- Installed a larger electric panel and moved it to the laundry room.
- Built and hung new shutters and window boxes.
- Dug a trench to install the geothermal system:
15. Gutted and unfinished master bathroom.
16. Installed a new front door.
17. Finished office, including built-in bookshelves and cabinets.
18. Finished basement living room with painted trim and built-in entertainment center.
19. Finished basement bedroom with trim.
20. Finished basement bathroom, complete with 6 foot jetted tub, open vanity and soon to be steam room.
Of course there are several smaller projects we’ve finished, too.
One thought on “Our Past Four Years…”
wow – you guys have been busy around there! i’m inspired to do all the little projects at our home that will enrich + enliven it. thanks for sharing.