Happy, happy Friday! I can’t believe we’re almost in July. But I’m so fraking excited to watch fireworks on the fourth. What are you doing this year to celebrate?
Okay, how about I tell you the winner of the Super Sweet Life and Williams Sonoma gift card? It’s Kristin! Congrats! I’ve been working on the boys’ bedroom revamp (mood board coming at ya Monday), including building plans. Which got me thinking about the most used tools in our proverbial belts. So here they are:
1. Screwdriver and tape measure. We have several Kobalt 6-piece screwdrivers because they’re so handy. One screwdriver for large or small flat/phillips screws.
2. Utility knife, Basic or Kobalt Quick Release. The quick release feature is really nice, changing dull blades without a screwdriver. And it folds into a pocket knife.
3. Pipe cutter and wire stripper. ‘Nuff said.
4. Stud finder. Easily locate studs, perfect whether you’re hanging a heavy mirror or installing new trim.
5. Staple gun. Perfect for upholstery and attaching insulation bats.
6. Hammer, pry bar, nail set. Useful for installing or removing trim.
7. Air nailer and compressor. Ben loves Porter Cable, and we’ve got a set similar to this one. For starters, a 16 gauge nailer is widely usable.
8. Random orbit sander. This is what I use for all furniture stripping, and I love it.
9. Cordless drill. Sure, an electric drill can do the job, but a battery-powered drill is far more portable.
10. Shop vac. Clean up any mess you wouldn’t want to use a normal vacuüm for. Big chunks, fine dust, or wet messes.
11. Miter saw. A base grade saw works for most jobs, but for more intricate cuts (ah-hem, crown moulding) try a sliding compound miter saw.
12. Quality paint brushes and rollers. The Wooster Shortcut is my pick for painting trim, but an angled Purdy brush is ideal for ceilings.
6 thoughts on “Gimme a Giveaway Winner & Top Twelve: Tools”
Funny story. I’m going out to buy a mitre saw, jigsaw, and staple gun today actually. So many projects have been on the back burner because I haven’t had the necessary tools. Is it weird that is rather get power tools than jewelry or flowers as gifts? Have an awesome weekend Amanda! Your goodies are shipping out today!
Woohooo to the new tools!! I’m the same way. Don’t bother buying jewelry. How ’bout a new rug instead?! Ha. And I’m so excited for my googies! Can’t wait to add that pillow cover to my house. Now I’ve got to decide where it’ll land. First. 😉 You have a fantastic weekend!
Thinking of buying a sander this weekend, so this was a timely post.
Love power tools and I agree with you and Shavonda, I’d rather get them for gifts than jewelry 😉
Guess who snagged a mitre saw this weekend!! It’s time to get my build on!!!!
Wooohoooo! Let the building begin! And, have a wonderful time doing so. 🙂 I’m sure everything you make will be awesome.